130 Den Meeting Activity Suggestions
1. Mock den meeting for parents
2. Indoor track meet (feather toss, straw throw, balloon heave, etc.)
3. Visit a newspaper office
4. Visit a factory
5. Visit the zoo.
6. Kickball game, using a ball of rags.
7. Visit a farm or ranch
8. Den bowling tournament
9. Ice skating or roller skating
10. Parents take boys to sporting event
11. Parent with interesting occupation tells boys about it.
12. Parent with a special hobby tells boys about it.
13. Backyard breakfast cookout.
14. Work on achievement everyone needs.
15. Treasure hunt
16. Marble shooting contest
17. Scavenger hunt for Cub Scout objects
18. Bike inspection
19. Pet show (each Cub brings and tells about his).
20. Boys bring their collections (coins, stamps, etc.) and tell about them.
21. Game making day
22. Use pinewood derby cars; roll on pavement to stop in marked areas for points.
23. Meet with another den.
24. Star High School or college athlete tells about his sport.
25. Fishing in pond at park for prizes
26. Visit a historical spot
27. Conduct tour of state park
28. Local geography day use maps and go to principle civic buildings.
29. Venturer tells about Philmont
30. Scout tells about Jamboree
31. Visit weather station
32. Telephone day boys stay home, call each other with relay messages on a pre-arranged plan.
33. Phone system cancels regular meeting calls special “surprise” one
34. Practice physical fitness games.
35. Sack lunch picnic
36. Trip to a museum
37. Friend with unusual educational experience tells about it.
38. Trip to fire station.
39. Visit to police station or crime laboratory.
40. Science teacher presents a project.
41. Night meeting to study the stars.
42. Dinosaur day each boy brings his models.
43. Model day each boy brings his models
44. Visit hobby store on return list all hobbies boys can think of.
45. Visit telephone company
46. Den uniform inspection
47. Design new closing ceremonies
48. Visit an airport
49. Session on basic first aid
50. Bird watching contest.
51. Visit library, librarian tells what is provided besides books. Each boy gets a card and takes out a book.
52. Boys mix, bake and eat cupcakes.
53. Science day with microscope look at hair, water, etc.
54. Magic day each boy does his favorite trick
55. Bait-casting practice.
56. Contest judging weight, sizes of objects, heights, etc.
57. Campfire roast marshmallows.
58. Play charades
59. Parent and son swim party
60. Without a watch, each boy tries to walk around the block in an exact number of minutes.
61. Photographic hobbyist takes pictures of each boy who then sees them developed.
62. Make puppets for a show.
63. Make sailboat to race on a pond.
64. Go rock collecting
65. Go fossil hunting
66. Mother’s Day gifts
67. Joke telling den winner picked by vote
68. Liar’s contest den winner picked by vote.
69. Ping-pong contest (basketball shooting, miniature golf, baseball throw, etc)
70. Build tin can bird houses
71. Hat making contest supply paper, string and paste.
72. Airplane sailing contest
73. Practice Cub Scout songs
74. Make collage of old Christmas cards.
75. Build den equipment box
76. Build den window display
77. Jump the rope contest
78. Catch butterflies
79. Visit lapidary shop
80. Coin collector shows coins
81. Learn a Cub Scout sport
82. Scrambled word game
83. Indian masks using paper bags
84. Make clay models, paint and fire them
85. Plastic models to work on only at den meeting
86. Baseball game with another den.
87. Handicraft beads, belts, paints, etc.
88. Start crystal growing hobby
89. Service project for church or school
90. Make den scrapbook of photos and souvenirs
91. Plant vegetable garden
92. Cub Scouts plan next month’s activities
93. Cub Scouts plan next month’s activities
94. In Boy Scout Week or Fall Roundup, boys in den do program in their room at school to tell and show what Cub Scouting is.
95. Make neckerchief slides and slide holders
96. Make Halloween costumes
97. Build a paper-mache town, fort or Indian camp
98. Lifeguard or Boy Scout talks and demonstrates about water safety
99. Tour two blocks and look for hazards to a boy’s safety
100.Develop brand new den skit.
101.Cubmaster speaks to den about how it can operate to best advantage and most fun for all.
102.Make a den doodle
103.Have a backyard race with discarded automobile tires.
104. Make a den jalopy
105.Have an obstacle race
106.Set up and run a nature trail, using a few elementary trail signs
107.Set up a nature trail, give each two boys a map boys bring back objects hidden on trail.
108.Practice runs with Pinewood derby cars.
109.Leaders set up a Pinewood derby workshop
110.Have a glide flying contest
111.Take a train ride
112.Visit session of city council
113.Make puppets, puppet theater from boxes, write and put on play
114.Plant a tree
115.Raise the flag at the beginning of school
116.Woods hike for leaf collecting
117.Make jelly. Sore away for future den meetings
118.Collect paper, glass, cans for recycling
119.Visit a re-cycling center
120.Have a song fest with each boy leading a song
121.Build den stools
122.Adopt an alley and keep the litter picked up
123.Visit a bakery
124.Visit a printing shop
125.Play miniature golf
126.Take a mystery trip
127.Make games for shut-ins
128.Collect books for schools or hospitals
129.Have a bug hunt
130.Den swap day