The Primary presidency holds a presidency meeting regularly. The president presides at the meeting and conducts it. The secretary attends, takes notes, and keeps track of assignments.
The agenda may include the following items:
- Plan ways to strengthen individual children and teachers in the Primary.
- Read and discuss scripture passages and instructions from Church leaders that relate to their callings.
- Discuss the effectiveness of Sunday Primary, including music. Also discuss the effectiveness of weekday activities. Plan ways to improve.
- Make plans to instruct other Primary workers in their responsibilities.
- Review attendance records. Make plans to help children who have recently entered Primary and children whose families are less active.
- Review the Primary budget and expenditures.
The Primary presidency may invite other Primary workers to attend these meetings as needed.