Preparing for General Conference
- “A Message for Misti” (September 2008 Liahona and Friend)
President Monson shares the story of a special general conference message.
- “A Prophet’s Love” (October 2009 Liahona and Friend)
President Uchtdorf testifies of the goodness of the prophet. Includes a language activity.
- “The True Church” (March 2009 Liahona and Friend)
President Eyring recalls a spiritual experience he had at conference as a boy.
- “Three Bridges” (November 2008 Liahona and Friend)
Adapted from a 2003 general conference message by President Monson.
- “Choosing Conference” (March 2012 Friend)
Jennifer chooses to play with her friend later so she can listen to general conference.
- “Conference Reverent Tent” (October 2008 Friend)
After reading a scripture story about King Benjamin, one family decides to make a reverence tent to help them focus on general conference.
- “Conference Time” (September 2010 Friend)
Families share some of their favorite conference traditions.
- “Matt and Mandy” (March 2012 Friend)
Matt explains to a friend that he will be listening to a prophet during general conference.
- “The Conference Center” (October 2010 Friend)
Go along with Jacob as he tours the conference center.
- “What is revelation?” (June 2012 Friend)
Elder Bednar shares his thoughts on the subject.
- Activities for Children
This page of the general conference website includes a printable notebook, “Conference Squares” cards, coloring pages, and online games.
- Coloring page: “God’s prophets and apostles speak to us in general conference.” (March 2012 Liahona and Friend)
- “General Conference Countdown” (September 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Each day for the two weeks before conference, take a link from the chain and do what is written on the strip.
- Hidden picture: “Follow the Prophet” (March 2012 Liahona and Friend)
- “Heavenly Father Speaks to Us through His Prophets” (March 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Children can take notes in this booklet during general conference.
- “Living Prophets Teach Me to Choose the Right” (March 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Keep track of who is speaking during general conference with a matching game. Includes a short story about a girl listening to the prophet.
- Coloring Page: “Safe on the Sea” (October 2011 Friend)
The prophets and apostles tell us what we need to do to be safe.
- “Conference Squares” (March 2012 Friend)
This illustrated sheet helps children listen and mark off key words during general conference talks.
- “Faith in God Challenge” (April 2011 Friend)
Use these bulletin board tips to tune in during conference.
- “For Older Kids: Conference Notes” (March 2012 Friend)
The second item on this document suggests taking illustrated notes during conference.
- “For Little Friends: General Conference Activity” (October 2007 Friend)
The last item on this document includes a card that children can use to match favorite snacks with general conference topics.
- “Sharing Time: Conference—a Time for Listening” (March 1985 Friend)
Children can create their own conference report by answering these questions.
- Bright Idea: President Monson quote (August 2012 Liahona and Friend)
- Bright Idea: President Uchtdorf quote (February 2012 Liahona and Friend)
- General Conference
The official general conference website of the Church includes archives, downloadable music, conference apps, and more.
- Stories from General Conference
A menu of audio excerpts of some of the best anecdotes shared during various general conference addresses, organized by topic.