“The revelation to store food may be as important to our temporal salvation, today, as boarding the ark was to the people in the day of Noah.” –Pres. Ezra Taft Benson
“When the time of need arrives, the time for preparation is past”
- Suggested items–25Ibs. rice, 10 bars soap
- 72 Hour Kit: Back pack or tote bag and 2 bars of soap
- With family have an emergency meeting place with map and escape plan.
“There is no royal road to anything. Careful planning, hard work, and determination to reach’ an objective is the plan to success.”
- Suggested items–25 Ibs. oats, 10 candles
- 72 Hour Kit: 1 large candle, 3 day supply food (Milk. carton with 2 liters of water) Water purifying tablets, supplies for infants.
“We encourage all Latter Day Saint families to become self-reliant and independent.”
- Suggested items–25 Ibs. dried beans (Variety) 5 boxes matches
- 72 Hour Kit: Matches, battery powered radio. Finish anything not done in February.
“The Lord has warned us of famines, but the righteous will have listened to the prophets, arid stored at least a years supply.” –Pres. Ezra Taft Benson
- Suggested items–25 Ibs. pasta (variety), 2 flashlights and batteries
- 72 Hour Kit: Flashlight and extra batteries, paper and pencil, pencil sharpener, 10 one dollar bills.
“But if any provide not for his own and specially, for his own house, he hath denied the faith.“–The Apostle Paul
- Suggested items–5 Ibs. yeast, 10 pkg. toilet paper
- 72 Hour Kit: Toilet paper, paper towels; paper plates and cups, plastic utensils: Review emergency map and escape plans.
“It is easier to keep up than to catch up.”
- Suggested items–5 Ibs. oil or shortening, extra blankets
- 72 Hour Kit: Change of clothes for each family member –don’t forget shoes.
- Sleeping bag or blankets. Instruction manuals on Emergency Preparedness and First Aid.
“Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skills to do difficult things easily.”
- Suggested items–251bs. dry milk, First Aid Kit
- 72 Hour Kit: First Aid Kit, utility knife and can opener.
“We will see the day when we will live on what we produce.”
–Pres. Marion G. Romney
- Suggested items–Spices (those most used), feminine items
- 72 Hour Kit: Feminine items, plastic bags and ties for garbage, plastic baggies Personal Documents: Scriptures, genealogy, legal papers, checkbook, etc.
“Dig a well before you get thirsty.”
- Suggested items–5 Ibs. salt per person, 3 boxes laundry soap
- 72 Hour Kit: 10 one dollar bills, small ax, single flare, laundry soap
- Review emergency plan with family.
“Let’s be thankful for bread to live. Let’s be thankful for bread to give.”
- Suggested items–10 lbs. ‘peanut butter, medicines
- 72 Hour Kit: Medicines (Prescription and over the counter –ex. Tylenol, cold medicines)
- Add to First Aid kit extra supplies.
“Thrifty is the person who plans for tomorrow and not just for today.”
- Suggested items–100 Ibs. potatoes, vitamins
- 72 Hour Kit: Bucket (plastic bucket with tight fitting lid), personal hygiene items (shaving, deodorant, shampoo, razor)
“If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear.”
- Suggested items–25 Ibs. sugar or honey, toothpaste,
- 72 Hour Kit: Tooth brush and toothpaste, disinfectant, 10 one dollar bills
- Review emergency maps and escape plan.