Just found your site, and my poem. Thought I would let you know that I am the author, originally wrote it for a crafter on thegardenweb craft site a number of years ago. I use it in a foldover card, with a manger scene on the front, and a gold skeleton key glued to the inside with the poem. - Les Hollowed
To signify a special night.
Mary and Joseph had come to stay
But each lodging place turned them away.
At the last place they tried, still no room at all
Except for a simple hay-filled stall.
Thanks to one man's kindness to those needy strangers
Jesus' life began, safe in a lowly manger.
This innkeeper's key is a symbol of
How a simple act fills the world with love.
Keep this key, and remember God's love is the reason
We are filled with blessings each Christmas season.
More Christmas Printables
- 25 Christ-adoring thoughts
- A Nail At Christmas (Poem to go with nail)
- A Story A Day Until Christmas
- Are you part of the INN Crowd, or are you one of the STABLE few
- Bible and Book of Mormon Scripture Advent to print & hang on tree
- Christmas Advent Calendar
- Christmas Bell Countdown
- Christmas Bell Tag
- Christmas Elf
- Christmas Nativity Advent w/ Pictures
- Christmas Rush Poem
- Christmas Subway Art
- Christmas Topper (fold in half and use on top of a gift bag)
- Each of us is an innkeeper who decides if there is room for Jesus
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas Print
- Innkeeper’s key
- Isaish 9:6 Printables
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year (Christmas Tree’s) Print
- Joy to the World Printable
- M&M Christmas Story
- Make Time for the Savior
- Maybe Christmas doesn’t come from a store.
- Merry and Bright Printable
- Prince of Peace
- Santa’s Key Poems
- Snowman Soup
- Snowman Tag
- The Magic of Christmas is not in the presents, but in His presence
- Wonderful time of the year…. Christ’s Birth